Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bottled Water


W9

Being that I was raised Catholic my entire sense of morality is based upon guilt. Growing up my family always had what is known as the rice bowl in the center of the dinner table. Every night at dinner my sister and I would put a dollar in the rice bowl, and at the end of lent the money would be donated to starving children in another country. However this soon turned into just a way for my mother to make my sister and I feel guilty for not finishing our food. "I bet the starving children in China would love to have that food you didn't eat," my mother would say. Still to this day I cannot stand to watch people waste food.
           
America however has picked up an even more despicable, wasteful habit than wasting food, bottling water. Bottled water is the end of western civilization, as we know it. It has already caused two thirds of the United States acquire obsessive-compulsive disorder, and Americans are now evolving to the point where we cannot drink the tap water or else we get sick.
           
What cracks me up the most about bottled water, is the people who buy bottled water. On any given day go to a While Foods. Whole Foods, the store where smug, excuse me; socially conscience people go to shop. I will be willing to bet you, dollars to doughnuts, that half of the people who walk out of that store will have a case of bottled water in their cart. My question to these people is that if they are so socially conscience that they realize that we are better off spending three dollars for a dozen eggs then why can't they see the backwards, counter intuitive nature of purchasing bottled water.
           
If these people are the social activists they say they are. Then why don't they actually go and fight for healthy tap water in our communities. Just like food aid, bottled water is nothing more then a bandage, a finger in the dike, and the other cliché that I cannot think of at the moment. There is absolutely no reason that in the twenty-first century, forty years after we put a man on the moon, that we cannot have acceptable drinking water coming out of our taps in our homes.

However the water is acceptable to drink. People in other countries don't treat their water nearly as much as we do in the United States, and most of those countries have longer average life expectancies. We as Americans have evolved to the point that we cannot drink the water! Allow me to repeat we have evolved to the point were we             CANNOT DRINK THE WATER! What happens when earth finally does get hit with that solar flare the Mayans were talking about, and the grid shuts down, and anarchy becomes the norm. We won't be able to drink the water, because we have become pussies. So next you are holding that crinkly, overpriced bottle in your hand, Remember you are contributing to the downfall of America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment